Monday, May 14, 2012

Avengers Movie Review


So I saw the Avengers movie over the weekend, as you might have been able to guess, since it would be quite difficult to write a review without having seen the movie, but based on the quality of reviews for books and movies I've seen in newspapers and magazines, I guess that might not be such an extraordinary concept.

Having never seen any of the movies based on any of the individual characters, all I really knew before hand was that Iron Man could fly and the Incredible Hulk likes to smash things.  The characters were established fairly quickly, and I was able to catch on to their character qualities within the first few minutes of their appearance.  The only real confusing or illogical sequence of events was when Thor and Loki were fighting/working together (?) and then Thor, Iron Man, and Captain America were all fighting. Other than that the scenes flowed well, the action was good and not confusing (although slightly headache-inducing), and my interest was maintained for the entire 142 minutes.

The most amazing part of the movie to me was the list of animators and computer modelers, which easily numbered over 100.  There was even an entire section of names just for those who worked on the explosion effects.

If you go see it, make sure you stay until after the credits.




No comments:

Post a Comment