Country music is pitifully easy to write. Similarly to rap music(?), the songs usually detail a normal event or basic emotions in response to a cliché scenario. Although country music is not nearly as bad as most people seem to think, the lyrics in some songs make me doubt the legitimacy of the genre.
To prove my point, I have written the lyrics to an original country song, entitled "The Grocery Store."
I was a-walkin' one day through the grocery store
and I looked behind me, right at the floor,
and I saw coupon just lyin' there.
I saw an elderly woman, walking away
down to the next aisle, and I say,
"I need to give it back to her."
I catch up with her and say, "Pardon me,"
then hand her the 'Buy one get one free'.
She thanks me kindly, like good folk always do,
and I turn back to shoppin', I gotta get home too.
As I pick out some chips from aisle three,
I see a purdy lady starin' at me.
And that folks, is how I met my wife.
She comes up and says "That was awful nice of you.
What's your name? I've got movie tickets for two."
I looked her in the eyes, and I'd never been happier in my life.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis would've been funnier if you spelled alcohol correctly and knew how to count.
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
Delete