WARNING! DO NOT USE THE POPCORN BUTTON!
¡AVISO! ¡NO UTILICE EL BOTÓN DE PALOMITAS DE MAÍZ!
I would argue that the popcorn button is a perfectly legitimate way to cook popcorn, but there is a better way. I will give you step by step instructions on how to prepare microwave popcorn like a pro.
1. Read the packaging to find the recommended cooking time.
2. Take the time listed (or the highest of the range) and add 15 seconds.
3. Set your microwave for that time.
4. As the timer approaches 15 seconds before the original time (30 seconds left on the clock), listen to the popping.
5. Once you here an interval of 2 seconds with no pops, or 3 consecutive 1 second intervals of no pops, stop the microwave.
After writing this I realized this is the same as saying that when you bake cookies you should wait until they are a nice golden-brown color. Based on the quality of some cookies I have eaten, however, not everyone understands rules like these.
No comments:
Post a Comment