Thursday, November 15, 2012

Sports & Fashion

I don't watch much TV, but recently I was at a restaurant that had one tuned in to sports commentary.  After a quick discussion about college football, they displayed a picture of some football player's new haircut.  As they were discussing it in all sorts of unnecessary detail, something dawned on me.  Following sports news is no different from following celebrity news.

"The Giants have a big matchup next week, will they be able to pull it off?  Their running game hasn't been too good lately, but with their new freshmen out of USC they might make something happen."

"So today we learned that Kristen Stewart is going to be starring in the new Snow White movie!  Some people don't think that her performance in Twilight will be able to transfer over to a new style.  And did you see that cute dress she was wearing on shoot?"

If I were to take a recent issue of People magazine, I could crop out the pictures of actors and replace them with football players, and change the side stories to "New rookie makes a big play?" or "10 hot tips for watching football with your friends."

"Why were NFL teams wearing pink cleats this Sunday?"  Who cares?  I definitely don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment