Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Restaurant Conveyer Belt

People are good, but automated machines that do the same job are better.  In this case, I have an idea that would make traditional waiters obsolete.

When the food is ready for a table, the cook places the plates on a conveyer belt that takes them to the appropriate table.  The conveyer system is hidden in the walls, and has openings at each table, so things can be delivered.  Also included would be a touchscreen at each table so people can make their orders.  It would have all the options available, and even have a spot for people to add special requests.  If you need a drink refilled, or an extra straw, or something of that nature, you can press the button on the touchscreen, and someone in the kitchen will send the needed item your way.

I have included a mock-up design of a restaurant fitted with this technology.


The only problem I foresee if is someone spills something in the conveyer.  That would be messy.

No comments:

Post a Comment