Monday, July 2, 2012

"Breakfast" Food

Oftentimes food is categorized into the certain time periods when they are 'appropriate' to be eaten. Some of this originates from when people went to the market daily for food, or when it makes sense based on the amount of time to prepare the meal. This idea has been additionally enforced by restaurant menus, which often split up the choices based on time of day.

This, of course, is completely ridiculous.

It should be acceptable to eat any kind of food for breakfast. But more importantly, it should be acceptable to eat breakfast food at any time of the day.

Breakfast food has an extremely large variety, and most items are simple to make or require no preparation at all. Most people miss out on the joy that is breakfast by either skipping it or by eating cardboard-flavored cereal. I remember in my middle school days teachers stressing the importance of eating breakfast, claiming the boost in energy, health, and learning. I think they could have skipped the lecture and just shown the class a slideshow of advertisements from IHOP.

1 comment:

  1. This inspired me to make a fried egg sandwich at 10 PM.

    Screw society man, I'll eat breakfast when I want.

    ReplyDelete