Thursday, July 12, 2012

I've heard this somewhere before...

Recently while listening to the radio (I don't recall where) a song came on and although I had never heard it previously I had vague memories of knowing where it was from.  Similarly to when you awkwardly meet someone you haven't talked to for a while and you blank on their name in the middle of the conversation, I couldn't identify where the song was from.

It turns out that I hadn't listened to the song before but I was able to identify it later as One Thing by One Direction.  After listening to it again to try and figure out why I thought I knew the song from a long time ago, I finally realized that one part sounds almost exactly like the song I Want It That Way by The Backstreet Boys.  The parts are the same, except they are in different keys and one has a slight pause in the middle.

I have linked both songs below, and they should take you right to the part of interest:

I Want It That Way



And thus concludes the last time I talk about boy band music.

No comments:

Post a Comment