Monday, October 22, 2012

2012 Presidential Debate #3

In the final debate of the election, the candidates discussed foreign policy and the role of America in the world.  Although extremely vital and Syria-s, it's not particularly interesting.  That's why I'd prefer to discuss something new I learned today.

Did you know that there are ships that planes can land on?  Apparently they are called "aircraft carriers."  They have a large, flat top that acts as a runway capable of sending and receiving planes.  Once I made this intriguing discovery, I spent considerable time reading over the Wikipedia article, learning as much about these amazing machines as I could.  Using a strong wire or cable, they are able to slow down fast moving jets so they can stop within a very short amount of distance.

I am so glad that I was able to learn about something that I never knew existed.

No comments:

Post a Comment