Monday, October 1, 2012

Sports Cars

I do not understand sports cars.  I see people all the time with posters or computer desktops of nice cars, but I cannot understand the obsession.  From what I can gather, people want to own a sports car so they can impress their friends.  The only difference between a sports car and a normal car is the body shape, as far as the "wow" factor goes.  Why doesn't someone manufacture a car with the body of a Ferrari but the inside of a Toyota Camry?

The only realistic situation that you can take advantage of the car's speed and acceleration would be on a track, unless you enjoy illegal street racing.  Therefore, if you wanted to drive a fast car, why not just rent out a sports car and drive it around a track?

Maybe my lack of understanding comes from the fact that I would never be able to own a fancy sports car.  Money isn't really the issue - with enough financial planning over time, I would probably be able to acquire the necessary funds.  My issue is that I would always feel scared about the condition of my car, where I park it, who I let sit in it and drive it, and who sees me in it.  I would feel much better in a car that doesn't attract much attention but reliably gets me from point A to point B.

No comments:

Post a Comment