Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Ice-Cream Cone Appreciation Day

Popcorn is a healthy snack.  It's true.  The unhealthy part is when all the salt and butter is added.

As I was munching on some popcorn, I thought about how light popcorn is compared to most foods.  Because of its airy structure, it essentially acts as a holder for salt and butter, in the same way that those scoop-shaped chips are for holding salsa.

Popcorn in the way it is popularly consumed is just an edible tool.  I feel like tortillas are in the same boat.  People enjoy piling their taco contents into tortillas to the point where the tortilla can barely hold it all.  The actual popcorn part of popcorn and the tortillas of tacos are under-appreciated.  They are a crucial piece of the overall food item, not only for their structural benefits, but also for their taste and consistency.

Also, ice-cream cones.  I pronounce today Ice-Cream Cone Appreciation Day, in honor of all the foods that selflessly act as holders for other foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment