I know enough people to the point where I can classify any stranger as a mix between two other people. Oh, that guy looks like he's halfway between Sam and James.
That is fine and all, but what gets really intriguing is the perfect spot when I transition between seeing someone as like someone else and seeing them as their own person. There exists a small timeframe (duration varies case-by-case) where I try to remember who I thought they look like, only to come to the conclusion that they remind me of themselves.
In the diagram above, A and B represent two people I know. Slowly over time the new person (C) blends into their own unique color. Right above the letter 'e' in 'time' is where the mixing is at its critical point, and my mind is slightly blown as I realize that they remind me of no one besides themselves.

No comments:
Post a Comment