Thursday, May 30, 2013

Phone Messages

It would be safe to bet that out of all the times I have tried to make a phone call, half of the time I have had to leave a message in some form.  Due to the recipient not being available, being out of the office, or simply not wanting to answer my call, I always seem to start a back-and-forth of messages and missed calls.

Emails and text messages are just a better form of communication.  With the prevalence of smartphones, people can answer their messages at any time, and even in times when they would normally not be able to talk.  In addition, it is easier to send emails with exactly what you want to say since it is much easier to be concise in a written form.

The only time when calling is more effective is if constant feedback between people is required.  It also helps with conveying large amounts of information.  Even with these benefits, it really shouldn't take a week to make a correspondence that could occur in one day with email.

No comments:

Post a Comment