If a zebra had as many stripes as my blog has posts, the zebra would have 300 stripes! Considering that the average adult zebra is approximately 7 feet long, and assuming equal distribution of stripes, that means that the zebra would have a stripe every 0.28 inches!
![]() |
| click for full size image |

are all of the stripes even spaced from each other? Because I'm getting some weird optical illusion thing going on I think
ReplyDeleteYes, they are all evenly spaced. However, since the computer automatically assigns pixels to the lines, not all lines are created equal. Computers will automatically add extra gray pixels around letters, for example, to make them appear smooth. Similarly, when I created the image, some of the lines were assigned gray pixels on the edges. Then, when the image is scaled down, it again assigns gray pixels to make it appear smooth. Therefore we see interesting patterns because of how the grays of the lines are distributed.
Delete