It's 8:04, and you're running late. Quickly you grab a bagel and rush towards the door. Reaching down to tie your shoes, you realize you need more than one free hand. You set the bagel down.
But where?
Quite frequently I find myself in an unconventional situation needing to set down an unwrapped, unpackaged food object. Where to set it on can be a dilemma.
I saw someone the other day with this situation. They were in an indoor public area with a table, so they decided to set their food item (I can't remember what it was) on their hat.
This made me think: Is a hat really cleaner than the table? The table is probably cleaned regularly, but when was the last time he washed his hat? The desire to set a food item on something else instead of a table seems more like a psychological solution to the problem than anything else. Placing food on a hat might not actually keep it cleaner, but it will make you think it is. Maybe that's the more important part.
No comments:
Post a Comment