You have a secret message written on paper, but you need to permanently remove it. You have three options other than wasting ink and completely blacking out the words.
The first it to draw a line through it. If you did this while employed as a secret agent, you would probably lose your job. The second, and most common option is to heavily cross out the words. The problem with this is that the lines are often regular, allowing an acute observer to pick out the original writing. Instead, the best option is to write other words on top, blurring the distinction between what is the original message and what is visual noise.
I often consider these options even though I am not a secret agent. Not exactly. My go-to method is naturally the third option you have listed here.
ReplyDelete"I am not a secret agent."
DeleteThat is exactly what a secret agent would want us to think!