Do the people who make remixes of popular songs actually think that their creation is an improvement on the original? It would be like taking a magazine cover, cutting it up with scissors, photo-copying some of the pieces, then glueing it back together in a different order. Now the person on the cover has three eyeballs, and the words "see pg. 12 for more" appear thirty-five times.
To further my point, I am going to remix the popular poem The Road Not Taken, by Robert Frost. (see the original here)
The Road Not Taken (Remix)
by DJ Gittmo
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
A y-y-y-yellow yellow wood,
Yellow wood, yellow wood, yellow wood,
Yellow wood, yellow wood, yellow wood,
Yellow wood, yellow wood, yellow wood,
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
A y-y-yellow wood, yellow wood.
And sorry I could not travel both
Not not not n-n-not travel both
Yellow wood, yellow wood, yeah
Could not travel both
Could could not travel both
In a yellow wood, wood wood wood yellow wood.
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
A y-y-y-yellow yellow wood,
Yellow wood, yellow wood, yellow wood,
Yellow wood, yellow wood, yellow wood,
Yellow wood, yellow wood, yellow wood,
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
A y-y-yellow wood, yellow wood.
I took the one less
Uh huh uh huh uh huh
I took the one less
Uh huh uh huh uh huh
(In a yellow wood, in a yellow wood)
I took the one less
(Two roads diverged, two roads diverged)
I took the one less
(In a yellow wood, in a yellow wood)
I took the one less
The one less traveled by.
No comments:
Post a Comment