There is a massive list of movies, TV shows, books, music, and videos that are essential to be exposed to in order to be well-cultured. Optimally, you should be able to make successful references to everything on the list.
I am able to make successful references to some things on this list even though I have never seen/read them before. An example would be comparing someone stalling to Goku charging his energy ball for three episodes. I have never seen a full Dragonball Z episode before, but I could still pull off the reference. The most important thing is that you can quickly make the right connection, not that you fully understand the context of the reference.
On a similar note, I think it would be great to teach an American culture class (in America) for foreign college students. The class could consist of watching Disney movies, playing classic board games like Monopoly, and reading Little House on the Prairie.
No comments:
Post a Comment