There are always multitudes of great YouTube videos to share with people, but I've discovered recently that I don't enjoy sharing them as much as I used to. The main cause of this is the disconnect between my idealization of the video and its actual content.
One YouTube video I really enjoy is The Turbo Encabulator. It's a great video, and I find its humor to be entertaining. Because the first time I saw it was a few years ago, over time I have thought about it, and its memory has appreciated. It's the same concept as why people think the television shows of their childhood were so great, even if they were only mediocre, just on a shorter time scale.
I have yet to have someone react better to a YouTube video than I have. I'm always trying to contain my laughter while the viewer just sits there, thinking, "Is this all there is?" Other times people will try to dodge this scenario by pretending to find it as entertaining as I do, but their bluff is usually quite obvious.
Also, when sharing YouTube videos, there is a certain number before everyone is YouTube'd out. After six or so videos, you could show the world's most entertaining video, and it would lose all of its effect. It's like having to listen to your crazy Aunt at Thanksgiving tell stories about her life. After a few mentions of how amazing her children are, all you want to do is go home.
No comments:
Post a Comment