Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Mini Golf Resort

I love mini golf.  But then again, who doesn't?

Mini golf is much better than golf because it is simpler, has more variety, and has an easier learning curve.  Normal golf is boring as well (not that you didn't know that).

If I had an inordinate amount of excess cash, I would build a mini golf resort.  It would be like a normal golf resort, except with more courses, more fun, and less old people.

There could be indoor courses, outdoor courses, tournaments, easy courses, super-pro courses, driving ranges, and more.

Additionally, I would engineer a system to ensure that groups are evenly spread through the courses, much like the stop lights on highway entrance ramps.  With enough courses and correct management, there would be little waiting time between holes.  

Also, automatic score keeping.  Computers could be installed in the clubs and the balls so that contact between them could be monitored and recorded.  Taking this idea even further, if sensors could measure the position, angle, and force of the hit, data could be collected over time from all of the resort-goers and compiled in order to find the best way to hit a hole-in-one every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment