Monday, July 1, 2013

Rating Everything

I imagine it would be entertaining to rate everything.  Not just movies, or online Amazon products, but everything.  At the grocery store, seeing a man pack cans onto a shelf, I would walk up and tell him that on a scale of 1 to 10, the quality of his packing was an 8.5.  Or, upon seeing a woman on the sidewalk, I would tell her that her hair today, on a scale of 1 to 10, is a 6.  I could carry stickers around with me, with all the numbers between 1 and 10 and some halfs inbetween.  The man at the grocery store would stop his packing, look at me funny, and probably verbally acknowledge my rating.  In the following silence I would reach into my pocket, pull out the 8.5 sticker, and peel it off, all while holding eye contact.  Slowly I would place the sticker on him, not neatly, but as if slapping a stamp on an envelope.  Undoubtably he would appreciate the gesture.

Another similar idea would be to sit on a bench in a popular location like a mall with two friends.  All three of us would hold number cards, like judges at some gymnastic event.  As people pass by, we would each hold a number, as if giving them a score.  I'm curios to see how people would react.

By the way, on a scale of 1 to 10, I would rate you a 10.  Yes, you, reading this.  You are a 10.

1 comment:

  1. http://www.comedycentral.com/video-clips/d0x9un/stand-up-daniel-tosh--best-in-show

    Tosh beat you to it... somewhat. Go to :45

    ReplyDelete