Miscellaneous business is the best kind of business to take care of. By miscellaneous business I mean the pile of not-so-important things that need to be done eventually, but you never find enough time to do them. It's the best because you see the results of the subtle changes and improvements over the next days, weeks, and months.
I did a lot of misc. business today, cleaning, reorganizing, and dealing with things that would become problems many weeks in the future. I felt like I got a lot done, and I can see the improvements, but reflecting on my day I didn't really do anything memorable. All of the routine maintenance had to be done at some point, and it was definitely not a waste of my day, but it felt more like a paragraph in story that only acts to transition, where no new developments occur.
I'm not complaining - I actually find completing so many things to be a reward in itself - but it's just something interesting to think about.
No comments:
Post a Comment